Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you located in the park?
We’re conveniently located on the Main Park Drive, at the public boat access- only one mile south of the Mississippi Headwaters in Itasca State Park.
Can I bring my own bike or boat?
Absolutely! We’re located on a public boat access, with ample trailer parking. We have a full service bike shop if you need repairs or tune-ups.
Do I need reservations?
- Usually, equipment is available at some time during the day, we DO NOT make reservations for specific time blocks, (for example 1pm-4pm).
- Hourly rentals are first come first serve. If the equipment you've requested is not available you may be placed on a waiting list and you will need to wait at the store until the equipment requested becomes available.
- You may reserve equipment for the FULL day only (8am - close). In this case we take reservations beginning your time at 8am. This means you start paying for the rental at 8am. Our cancellation policy: There is a $35 cancellation fee if you do not reschedule your reservation.
- If you've made a full day reservation and you do not show up by 12pm (noon) the day of your reservation, your reservation becomes void, your credit card will be charged the daily rate of the equipment reserved, plus the gas surcharge(if applicable) and sales tax.
- If you are running past noon the day of your reservation we just ask you call so we do not cancel your reservation.
- We appreciate advance notice of large groups, such as school or church outings. If your group does not reserve equipment for the full day we can not guarantee there will be the equipment you are needing for your group when you arrive. We are unable to "hold" equipment for groups for specific times.
Do you sell live bait and fishing licenses?
You betcha! Leeches, crawlers, minnows, wax worms - let the games begin. We have the new electronic license system, allowing us to offer resident and nonresident Minnesota fish and game licenses. As of July 2009 MN residents do not need a fishing license to fish in Itasca State Park.
Where are the fish?
In the water! Our advice is to fish for what’s biting - work with the time of year, time of day and the weather in mind. Everyday is a little different, but we’ll try to steer you in the right direction. Stop in for a visit.
Are pets allowed on the boats?
Pets are allowed on all motor boats. We have a limited amount of pontoons available for animals. Of course, you will be expected to clean up after you pet.
Do you have photos of your family having fun on our rentals?
Please submit them to email@example.com. We are always looking for fun pictures to post to our website. In the subject line please write Itasca Pictures. Include your name and where you are from. Or post them on our facebook fan page Thanks!!!